With dedicated and talented teachers and full time Prep teacher aides, our Prep students are assured a great start to school life. Our staff's commitment to providing quality education is unequalled.
The Prep day includes a full developmental program which is derived from the P - 3 curriculum and the Early Years Curriculum Guidelines, and incorporates Age Appropriate Pedagogies.
Our students at Taabinga State School have access to all of the following and much more;
- Strong community involvement and ties with local organisations
- Celebratory activities—Under 8s, Book Week, Funs Runs, Premier's Reading Challenge, School Discos, Better Buddies Program, 100 days of school celebrations.
- Comprehensive recycling and environmental programme with recycling buckets in every classroom.
- Embedded opportunities for ICT (Information, Communication and Technology)
- Music: instrumental music—brass, woodwind and percussion, drums, guitar lessons and choirs. Ukulele club, School band
- Sporting programs: cricket, rugby league, Auskick
- Athletics carnivals, cross country and swimming offered to all grades.
- Outside School Hours Care including vacation care (run by PCYC)
Prep students attend for the whole day, which commences at 8:40am and finishes at 2:55pm.
Our Prep Teachers support and shape learning opportunities where children are actively engaged in purposeful learning experiences.
In light of COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing measures, please call us on 4164 9111to arrange for an enrolment pack to be posted to you. When Can My Child Attend School?
Enter your child's birthday into the calculator and it will reveal what year your child can start (Works only for Prep and Year 1)When can my child start Prep calculator
Complete an Enrolment Form
Complete your enrolment form and bring to the school office with your child's original birth certificate.